Saturday, September 6, 2014

That's a lot of fantasy



Today is the Sweet Day, aka getting the books I ordered from post. Pirozhok the Raccoon helped carry them.


Oh my pretty babies, you are home now. Enjoy our bookshelves.
Note to self: Must buy more bookshelves.



Vegan burgers! Original title is The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet. I borrowed this book from a library, and everything we cooked was very delicious. Then of course I had to buy it.
Glen Cook is for my husband. I haven't read his books yet.


Part two of The Inheritance Trilogy by N. K. Jemisin. One f my favourite authors. I hope there is Nahadoth in this book. Because Nahadoth... Nahadoth... just look here. That hair *.* Nahadoth.


There is insect-based magic in God's War.
You can ride bears and dogs (I think) in The Mirror Empire.

Don't let the toys fool you, by the way. These books are dark and full of terrors, I mean, beheadings! Genocide! Blood magic! For example, God's War starts with this:

“Nyx sold her womb somewhere between Punjai and Faleen, on the edge of the desert.”

Resistance is futile.

I've been reading Kameron Hurley's blog for some time, and then she started posting all sorts of cool things about her upcoming release, making sure we all buy the book because no way one could combat that assault temptation.

For example, she twitted about the bone tree from The Mirror Empire, and I was sold. As a person who failed to become a biologist, I love fantastic worlds with intricate flora and fauna. One of many reasons I enjoyed Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons was the flora he created. Treeships, tesla trees, flame forests... Now I get to read a book with migrating trees and flesh-eating plants, yum!

There are vegetarian people in The Mirror Empire, which is a nice bonus for me. And there are 8+ genders. Also, can I resist books with tough ladies on their covers? No way! Gimme moar!


My “tree” was of the shaking-and-blurry-and-very-photo-unfriendly variety, so I had to take many shots, and then I couldn't choose between two of them, so enjoy both! :D


Authors' websites and Twitter:


Adlibris shop (free delivery)

P.S. Suspiciously innocently looking flower from Helsinki botanical garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...