Friday, January 9, 2015

Homemade houjicha


Random unrelated flowers.

This is the teabag that started it all. My obsession with houjicha. I can't just “like” food, I became an addict when the food is great. Tofu, avocado, wasabi, noodles, mango – my love for them is strong. :D


Before my brother-in-law started sharing his (endless?!) stores of tea with us, I hadn't even heard of houjicha. But from the very first cup I was hooked.


From Wikipedia:
“Hōjicha (Houjicha) (ほうじ茶) is a Japanese green tea that is distinguished from others because it is roasted in a porcelain pot over charcoal; most Japanese teas are usually steamed. The tea is fired at a high temperature, altering the leaf color tints from green to reddish-brown. The process was first performed in Kyoto, Japan in the 1920s and its popularity persists today.”

Later he brought this houjicha from Japan.
(^∇^)


And then I came across this video:

Hojicha: A How To Guide


It shows how to brew and even roast your own houjicha at home! It looked so simple, I just had to try it. For science! I had some really old sencha that I could use anyway.

Sencha before roasting.

After! Lovely colour and the tea tasted great!


Random unrelated flowers 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...