Monday, November 21, 2016

Meet Deneb & Co [Daily Photo #234]


Oh hey, I have a new toy! :)

It took a looong time to find fitting names for these little friends! My mind kept thinking of space and motherships, so eventually I thought of stars, blue and white giants, and then it dawned on me: there's a swan constellation, Cygnus! And so I named the mama swan Deneb (that's α Cygni, by the way, and it's a blue-white supergiant and the 19th brightest star in the night sky). As for the kids, I named them Kepler, Hubble and Chandra. ;p






Here are some real life swans doing swan stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...