Sunday, September 3, 2017

Fanart: Tyri from I Heart Robot


I wasn't planning to draw anything today but this goth girl Tyri kept appearing in my mind's eye with her violin and corsets, and I am very weak and well, goth girls in corsets, you know?? So I sit down to draw her, totally intending to make a simple black-and-white drawing like these ones, but nooo, a voice in my head says “make it colourful, make it red, it will match the cover” and sometimes you gotta listen to those voices when art is concerned, right? So next thing I know, I'm armed with pencils and actually colouring!

...

Two hours later this was completed:


This is Tyri, and you can get to know her if you read I Heart Robot by Suzanne van Rooyen! It's a cool science fiction novel with androids, music, and atmospheric Scandinavian setting.

You want this on your shelf.

I Heart Robot will be released September 26th and y'all should read it because it's awesome!

“Sixteen-year-old Tyri wants to be a musician and wants to be with someone who gets her musical aspirations.

Q-I-99, aka 'Quinn,' lives in a scrap metal sanctuary with other rogue droids. While some use violence to make their voices heard, demanding equal rights for AI enhanced robots, Quinn just wants a moment on stage with his violin to show the humans that androids like him have more to offer than their processing power.

Tyri and Quinn's worlds collide when they're accepted by the Baldur Junior Philharmonic Orchestra. As the rift between robots and humans deepens, Tyri and Quinn's love of music draws them closer together, forcing Tyri to question where her loyalties lie and Quinn to question his place in the world. With the city on the brink of civil war, will Tyri's and Quinn's passion for music be enough to hold them together while everything else crumbles down around them, or will the truth of who they are tear them apart?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...