Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My village. Моя деревня


  These are the scans of ancient film photos from my grandparents' village. I hope to go there one day again with our digital camera and take a lot more pictures. I spent many summers of my childhood there stalking horses and collecting flowers in the fields. There I've learned that yummiest apples always grow in your neighbours' garden and strawberries are heavenly delicious when eaten right from the bush :).
  Это сканы доисторических фотографий из деревни моих дедушки и бабушки, снятых на плёночную мыльницу. Надеюсь когда-нибудь съездить туда с нашей цифровой камерой, чтобы сделать сотни снимков. В детстве я часто ездила туда летом, чтобы приставать к лошадям и собирать цветы в полях. В деревне я узнала, что самые вкусные яблоки — из чужого сада, а клубнику надо есть исключительно прямо с куста :).

This is the house where my mother and her 10 siblings grew up. It's old even in this old picture. My grandfather build it himself.
В этом доме выросли моя мама и её 10 братьев и сестёр. Даже на этой старой фотографии дом уже староват. Дедушка сам его построил.


Sunsets were gorgeous there. The sun looked like glowing red lollipop.
Закаты в деревне были божественные. Солнце висело над полями пылающим красным леденцом.


  There were many cows in my village. I still remember the warmth and taste of fresh milk, it was something quite special. This cow tried to attack me, she had some anger issues. But her child was friendly and let me pet his soft fluffy forehead ^.^
  В деревне всегда было много коров. До сих пор помню вкус и теплоту парного молока. Корова на фотографии попыталась наброситься на меня, у неё были проблемы со вспыльчивостью. Но её ребёнок оказался дружелюбнее и дал погладить себя по мягкому пушистому лбу :).


This cow was super friendly and ate all the grass (and flowers) I brought her. And I brought a lot.
Эта корова была ну очень милая и кушала абсолютно всю траву (и цветы), что я приносила. А приносила я много.

Once I came across a small herd of goats. By the time I got my camera they all ran away to the bushes except this one who smiled and posed for me :).
Однажды мне попались чьи-то козы, правда, они быстро разбежались по кустам. Только этот козлёнок остался, чтобы улыбнуться и попозировать мне :).

Now this church is finished already. I only saw it during construction. It replaced the church that was destroyed in Soviet times.
Сейчас эта церковь уже достроена. Я её видела только во время строительства. На её месте когда-то была другая церковь, разрушенная в советские времена.

Our kitchen garden. They are very big in that village.
Наш огород. В нашей деревне они все большие, а у вас?




  The village is near Tambov, about 7-8 hours in the train from Moscow. We had to get water from a well, cook on old gas stove and suffer through very hot days, but I was ready for that because I could meet lots of furry friends there ^.^
  Деревня наша недалеко от Тамбова, часов 7-8 на поезде от Москвы. Вода только из колодца, старая газовая плита и душная жара в летние дни не могли заставить меня остаться в городе, уж очень хотелось поиграть с пушистыми друзьями :).

His name is Malysh (Little One). You can see our house behind him.
Его зовут Малыш. Позади виднеется наш дом.

This queen tried to cover my cousins with her tail to get all the attention from the cameraman.
Эта королева пыталась спрятать мою родню за хвостом, чтобы заполучить всё внимание фотографа.

They got carrots :)
Им достались морковки :)

Our family doesn't own a horse, so I had to stalk horses of our neighbours.
Своей лошади у нас нет, поэтому приходилось приставать к соседским.

He (she?) was so shy and fluffy my heart melted ^.^ He was so scared of me. Nevertheless, ate my carrots anyway.
Он (она?) был такой стеснительный и пушистый, я прямо растаяла :). Так меня боялся, но морковку всё-таки взял.

Pretty horse ^.^
Милашка :)

19 comments:

  1. Катюша хорошие воспоминания, которые есть у многих из нас...бабушки с дедушками, животный мир и парное молоко))) Спасибо.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. А ещё кукурузные поля, трактора и велосипеды :)

      Delete
  2. Катя, чудесные фотографии, милые воспоминания! таким прям теплом повеяло...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Очень жалею, что у финнов нет таких деревень, куда можно съездить к бабушке и её курам. Как-то больше хутора в сельской местности, да и всё равно никто из наших знакомых там не живёт. Остаётся свозить моего финна в нашу, российскую, деревню :)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the tour of your childhood home and surroundings. The house looks very beautiful to me and the garden was huge! I too grew up with cows nearby, although my parents lived in the village and were not farmers. It was fun to see the horses, cows and goats. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed, Carol! There are many beautiful houses in Russian countryside, I hope to go to my village one day to take pictures of my neighbour's houses and share them with the world. I think Russian villages should be famous for their beauty :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice post sharing story from your homeplace:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post sharing story of your homeplace. Nice pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice photos and childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! The weird thing is that it reminds me SO much of my grandmother's lifestyle on the other side of the world! The only difference is that she lived in a semi-desert area, but the house, the 10 siblings, the animals, the church, the water from a well ... all of that is the same.

    So YOUR memories brought back MY memories, too. Dankie! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ^^ I expected only a reaction to horses though :) But I like surprises.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I noticed the horses, don't you worry! ^^

      I think donkeys (and mules) were more popular in my grandma's town than horses: they're cheaper and better suited to arid areas. Everybody had donkeys and goats and hordes of chickens. Some farmers also had Karakul sheep, but that always gave me the heebie-jeebies, because Karakul lambs are slaughtered before they're 3 days old to get that distinctive Karakul pelt.

      My grandparents didn't have sheep, only goats. I used to bottle-feed the baby goats. :)

      Delete
    3. Awwww, I'd be cutified if I got to bottle-feed baby animals. We went to a zoo today, and there were so many baby geese, all wild :) They occupy that zoo every summer and bother visitors :)

      I thought Karakul sheep were only in Asia o_O

      Delete
  8. I love your post. Both my grandfathers built their own houses and my father even built a new house for his parents. The long summer days of childhood are the best of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visiting my village was main reason to love summer. It was too hot to stay in Moscow. Countryside was a green oasis :)

      Delete
  9. Красивые фотографии и тёплые воспоминания ^^ И лошадки очень милые ^^ У моих родных нет домов в деревне, за городом, поэтому всегда немножко завидую такой вот возможности провести детство... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Я как-то принесла эти фотки в школу, девчонки все так удивились: "У вас в деревне есть ЛОШАДИ?!" Потому что у них дачи и без живности :)

      Delete

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...